Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House my latest finds for future crafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: my latest finds for future crafts Reply with quote
great day of discovery.............we all went out 4 wheeling and getting the areas ready for hunting season..(yea i thought wait too early..another story) any way

out on the 4 wheelers i am always scoping for rust, nature or just unusual......we came across an old bicycle schwinn..yep had to have parts off of that..niece got the tire (she is using it for wheels on the kid's outside motor cars to keep them from spinning on the grass u know like extra tread)

i got the rim with rusty spokes which i will be turning it into a garden chandelier......(i'll be hanging some glass prisms with wire from the spokes and hanging with an old rusty chain in the center) it will glimmer in the sun out by my pergola..

then we came up on some beautiful trees some had dried up so they left this unusual bark that u can peel off..dh got me a whole bunch of those........i'll be using them for picture frames and trimming up some flower pots with rafia.......they have old green algae and spots for textures..kewl beans.....

came across some barbed wire that was rolled up and rusted..YIPPIE........grab that too and will be using it for garland on my porch grapevine tree..(primitive look) and make some rusty barn stars out of it after shaping it and tieing it down with wire.........that will be dh's job..LMBO..

pine cones that i will be cutting the tops off and painting them to make flowre arrangements out of..just drill the center and paint then put a wire thru it for a long stem presto bouquet.....

never know what i'll bring home......like the old cow skull........ Mrs Smile Wink

can't wait for our next adventure.....i'm always scoping and dh just goes along with it..i am so proud of him he ""UNDERSTANDS"" me.....it's a rush i can't get rid of........i'm on a junk high..L Dance LMBO......

----
recycle.reuse.refurbish.ha and dh thinks GARBAGE..He's learning.LOL

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG how did i forget this one........i got this from MIL the other day...........she had an old king size box spring........yep got dh to take all the springs out of it...........i got 120.........whooooo hooooo..candle holders in the making.......look at a spring real closely and it will come to life for ya........a vase turned upside down............rustier the better..........bouncing jack out of the box.......if u do ornament heads with them..........

now everyone is wanting some of my springs...hmmmmmm i'm not sure i'm giving them up just yet......

and yes the wood from the frame itself........great for a garden trellis..... Dance Dance Dance

remember think outside the box and be frugal.................. Dance Mrs Smile Dance Cheers

----
recycle.reuse.refurbish.ha and dh thinks GARBAGE..He's learning.LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: