Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House unpacking boxes of stuff..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jen_oh_ks
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: unpacking boxes of stuff.. Reply with quote
I don't know why i waited this long, we have been at this house since june '09, but i am finally unpacking some boxes we put in the garage for "storage" LOL I guess u could call it boredem or just the need for empty boxes. Our roomie, C moved back to Ohio for a job, was supposed to come back in Oct. after said job was done, well now he wants to move back to ohio for another job that he took. Ok fine, we moved him once ourselves, when we went to get the rest of our stuff with a 53' trailer we put all his stuff in with ours to make it easy. So C told me that it was fine if we, i mean ME, pack up his stuff so when he gets here all WE have to do is load it up into whatever uhaul he's getting. I put it off for awhile but since i've been home alone for 4 weeks i got up off my butt and started.. OH MY! Found a bunch of stuff i wondered where it went to along with finding new homes for it all. Emptyed about 15 boxes which got filled back up with his stuff. Hopefully later this week i'll move those boxes and other stuff over to our storage unit and bring back xmas decorations. Dance *i just had to make room for that stuff it's more important* So the garage and house look like a bomb went off with things everywhere.. it's organized i swear!

Question: I found a cast iron skillet, a small one that i'd love to clean and put on the wall. I've never cooked in one and don't plan to but how the heck to i clean it?? I wouldn't think putting it in the dishwasher would be that effective but can i use steel wool or what would u suggest?? Thanks!

----
~Jen~

Restless
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think you rub them with salt. It takes out the moisture. Why not cook in it? My Dad cooked the best steak in a black iron frying pan.

----
I am now at the age of no regrets.

tinytoez
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it is rusted you can use steel wool and then rub with a course salt. Once dry you need to oil it and then bake it at 400* for 20 minutes to bake in the oils to keep it from cracking.

If there is no rust skip the steel wool.

----
Kendra
~~~
Did this run 23 yrs ago, that's how we met! Ran this run for 8 yrs, what a ride! Took a break for 15 years, now we start again, God keep this run smooth and keep us all safe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: