Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House Darned strays chasin' the livestock!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinytoez
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Darned strays chasin' the livestock!! Reply with quote
There has been a dog from the neighborhood terrorizing the goats in the front pasture this week. Called the Sheriff dept and they said if it is chasing the livestock shoot it!! So today i went and bought a high-powered pellet rifle (I know, a .22 would have been better, but would have cost 3 times as much too!!).

There was a guy at the store that said if I pump it 10 times or more it will penetrate just like a .22 on a dog hide, so, while it is a beautiful male heeler, he had better stay away from my babies!!

----
Kendra
~~~
Did this run 23 yrs ago, that's how we met! Ran this run for 8 yrs, what a ride! Took a break for 15 years, now we start again, God keep this run smooth and keep us all safe.

Restless
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We can shoot dogs here too. They use to kill our ducks and geese and we shot them. That is why we pay dog tax to cover the cost of replacing the things they kill. It sounds cruel but once they start to run( the dogs) you can`t stop them.

----
I am now at the age of no regrets.

gypsykingsqueen
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where I come from they have the three S's Shoot, Shovel and Shutup! but its legal if they are messing with your live stock. I love dogs by the way. Have five myself but Id shoot themself if they was messing with someones livestock. LOL Did ya fix it?

----
AMY:-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: