Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House drop cloth (new twist on this)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: drop cloth (new twist on this) Reply with quote
i was just thinking about thanksgiving and mil's table..hmmmmmmmm yep a drop cloth would fit it since she has a long table..kind of plain..well not any more make a family heirloom out of it....since family doesn't gather as often as they should..let's make some more memories........i was reading about someone doing handprints and making turkeys on it..well go a step further and put sayings or notes or quotes, draw etc............what a fun thing for all of us to do. make our lasting mark..get some paint pens or thick sharpies and make a family new tradition............what a memory of a table cloth.........keep adding to it year after year........since drop cloths are a canvas beige material u could really have alot of space to draw on it..or even make the turkeys..see how the family grows........ooh i wish i would have had this idea a few years back...........what a neat thing to do for the reunion........everyone sign the drop cloth table cloth.....................i love making heirloom memories....... Dance Dance

(drop cloth is in the paint section of a hardware store a large canvas material)

----
recycle.reuse.refurbish.ha and dh thinks GARBAGE..He's learning.LOL

dutchfam8
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That reminds me of one table I seen at a friend of a friend's house. She had an older kitchen table but she dec'ed it out and had her kids handprints go around the table edges. It turned out very nice and was certainly a talking point. I tried to get my husband to think about doing that with our table but he wasn't too keen on the idea.

----
When your dreams turn to dust, vacuum!

momahen07
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
that is a great idea ..... oh and dutch another neat table like the one you are talking about is my friends mom made this really neat table for her kids room, on their birthday they had the kids color a bunch of stuff and do the handprints and write there name on it then put on a small wood table and plexi glass over it

----
sahm to three wonderful girls isa,lilly and mamas angel baby ireland (RIP), in love to my trucker soul mate Andy. cloth diapering,breastfeeding,babywearing,attachment mama

jen_oh_ks
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
we do a twist in a sort.. In my family on my grandmothers side we have a huge quilt at each reunion it comes out and it's so much fun finding what i have written/drawn in the past as well as other family members.

----
~Jen~

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i bet the quilt is unique.........love that idea too. for any occassion great for birthday parties too..kewl beans........
hmmm even transfer old photo (copies) onto a large tablecloth..u can find that transfer stuff in the craft sections........

u could also make some burlap placemats and put ruffles around the drop cloth as to not be so plain....

----
recycle.reuse.refurbish.ha and dh thinks GARBAGE..He's learning.LOL

Ladyt01
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Drop Cloth Reply with quote
I like your drop cloth idea Tee.

----
Hi!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: