Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House Moles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swamperwamper
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Moles Reply with quote
I feel like I'm Caddy shack or something. Moles have taken over my front yard and completely destroyed it. It seems like everyday I find new tunnels. Anyone got suggestions?

Navigator
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry, we've tried alot to. think we have a colony here lol we even have a trap but never catch anything. good luck with yours if you find out make sure to let me know.

----
All roads lead home!

CNTDRV55
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They seem to be everywhere!! I move in with DH durning the winter...come spring the flower beds were weed beds so it took me a week of 6 to 8 hours a day in the dirt to get them fixed up...and now there are moles running around destroying my hard work. PullHair

bjswifey
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We have got the same problem here. Wish I could help our landlord said they would try to figure a way to get red of them but they haven't figured anything out yet. but if we do i will let ya know.

----
His one and only 4 life!!

crazybunch6
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We have em too... A little family that we have seen go under the porch on many occasions is messing up our yard.. LOL

----
ANDREA
Married to Brian16 yr, Mom to Luke 16, Logan 14, and Alyssa 8, Lawson 5yr

dutchfam8
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have heard, haven't personally tried it, that putting empty glass beer bottles in the ground where the necks are sticking above ground scares them away. I guess the wind blows across the top of the bottles making a weird vibrations sound and the moles can't stand it. Putting used cat liter around the mole openings scares them away too. They think a cat is near by and scatter away. Haven't tried that one either but I heard that works too. Good luck!

----
When your dreams turn to dust, vacuum!

foolograce
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
the glass bottles work,(if you live in a community that will not complain) but the actual cause is GRUBS. Gophers and moles LOVE Heart GRUBS! Bayer makes a lawn spray that will kill the GRUBS after one treatment. There are other brands but I personally think the one by Bayer works the best.

----
Tara D.
foolograce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: