Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House HELP!!!! FLEAS!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smallpint
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: HELP!!!! FLEAS!!!! Reply with quote
Does anyone know of home remedies to get rid of fleas in my house and 3 adult cats. I have already used a flea spray on cats one I a long hair and I don't think it real worked that good on her and my older cat had a reaction by foaming at the mouth so needless to say I'm not going to use that again. I don't really want to use chemical stuff. I may get some frontline to use on them if I have to. I know some people said there is a pill I can give them to kill the fleas at first. Just wondering what you ladies have used or have heard that works to get rid of fleas on cats.

Restless
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Better look on the internet, but cider vingar spayed on the cats will help them. You mix it half and half with water. I have had flies and sprayed the house closed it up and went for a long drive, but I have dogs not cats.

----
I am now at the age of no regrets.

crazybunch6
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We always bathed out cats/dogs in regular listerine mouth wash. Its an antiseptic so it cleans all the sores for the scratching and the fleas hate hate hate it. Then flea powder stuff on the carpet and furniture for a few hours and vacuum up.

----
ANDREA
Married to Brian16 yr, Mom to Luke 16, Logan 14, and Alyssa 8, Lawson 5yr

foolograce
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you live somewhere that eucalyptis(sp?) grows you can cut branches and lay them on the carpet for a day or so. It will get as you walk on them it will release their oil and get rid of the fleas. Just be sure no one is allergic to eucalyptis first. It is kind of messy with the branches and leave in the house but this is cheap, easy, and works great!

----
Tara D.
foolograce

ShannonRK1111
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
foolograce wrote:
If you live somewhere that eucalyptis(sp?) grows you can cut branches and lay them on the carpet for a day or so. It will get as you walk on them it will release their oil and get rid of the fleas. Just be sure no one is allergic to eucalyptis first. It is kind of messy with the branches and leave in the house but this is cheap, easy, and works great!

Thats what I was going to suggest, or borax also works in the yard or on the carpets. Eucalyptus oil would also work if she doesnt have the plant around. Or penny royal. My ex Mom in law used that on her cats. all natural. except the borax of course... Tongue

----
My Knight in shining armor came riding in on 18 wheels and swept me off my feet.... I love my truck driver ♥

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: