Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Parenting and Pregnancy Overwhelmed.......
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeavyHaul07
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Overwhelmed....... Reply with quote
If I am fb friends with you, please don't say anything on there as we have not announced to our parents yet.

Little bit of background......
I have PCOS and it took over 3 years to get pregnant with DD. DD is now a very busy 15 month old and DH is gone 3-6 weeks at a time (sometimes longer). I also work full time so you can imagine how much free time there actually is...lol

DH and I had just begun talking of trying for a second one (it took me quite awhile to get on board). He was home for 2 weeks over Christmas/New Years of which I found out we are expecting our 2nd. I am shocked that it really only took one try, but needless to say I am scared sh***less! How do you ladies do it with 2 or more little ones and a DH that is gone most of the time? DD and the one on the way will be just 2 weeks shy of 2 years apart. Any advice/stories/etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Also we live 3.5 hours away from family so that is not of much help.

Thank you! :)

TruckerPaulsWife
Search Team
Search Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congratulations......

I'm sure it will all work out, but I can understand being nervous about it. My kids were all older before dh started driving, so I can't really say how it would be. I do know that there are pros and cons with the 2 yr age gap. I have 8 boys, the first 2 were 4 yrs apart, and that seemed perfect at first, but not so much as they got older. The older one could do so many things that the younger one couldn't so there was always a conflict about that. I then waited 7 years to have the next one, and he was 2 years older than the next one. The 2 yr gap was hard in the beginning. The older one was not old enough to "share" mom yet, so there was a lot of whining, and hanging onto my skirt tail. But as they grew, it was lots better. There wasn't the huge difference in their abilities, so they could enjoy a lot of the same things and played together very well.

I was wondering if you will still have to work full time after the baby is born....that could be really hard to do, with dh being on the road. If you do, I hope you can find someone who can come to your home to watch the kids instead of having to take them somewhere else. It is so hard to get them ready and out the door and still be to work on time. I was lucky in always having a sitter to come in to the home, so I could just get up, get myself ready and go. The sitter got the kids up and ready for school.

Anyway, good luck, and keep us informed of how things are going!

Hugs!

----
PROUD MEMBER OF ATW SINCE MARCH 2006

HeavyHaul07
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I need to work full time after the baby comes. I lost my job shortly after DD was born and I despised being a stay at home mom. With DH being gone so much, I needed something that was my own. I'm sure once a routine is established, it will get easier. It is just scary to think about to little ones so close in age. I am done after this one!!! lol

Mom2JJ
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will do fine! Adding a second child isn't as bad as you'd think. When I had my second, DH got home a couple days before I was scheduled to be induced, Eli was born on a Monday, but due to a blizzard, we didn't get to come home from the hospital until Thursday morning. Due to jaundice issues, we had to go back to the hospital a couple times for lab tests, and then DH had to leave for the road Monday morning. I was still an emotional mess after delivery, but we managed to get through it. He was out about three weeks, then home for a week for Christmas. You fall into your own groove.......then when your guy gets home, its almost as he is in the way! LOL

----
Christi
Mom to Jarod (6 1/2) and Eli (2 1/2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Parenting and Pregnancy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: