Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Chit Chat Helloooooooooo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruckerPaulsWife
Search Team
Search Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Helloooooooooo Reply with quote
Hey fellow truckers wives (and others) HELLO!

It has been so long since we have used this site. It makes me sad. I made so many wonderful friends here. We lose a lot of the "closeness" over on Facebook. So hard to keep up with everyone there. I have managed to keep up with some of you, but others have been lost in the shuffle.

Anyway, I am still a truckers wife......Paul just changed jobs (again) from hauling milk, to now hauling bathtubs (etc). for Aquatics. He made the move so he could have health insurance. We were going broke trying to pay for private health insurance since Obamacare kicked in. (our premiums quadrupled, from 546 a month to 2200 per month) Anyway, while hauling milk, he was home every night, although not much more than to sleep! Now he is gone 2 to 3 days at a time, but is home every weekend for a couple of days. He is making good money...gets paid for miles, plus hourly, plus unload pay. So he's making as much or more than he was hauling milk, but has the added bonus of not having to pay for his insurance, so definitely a plus.

I am no longer working. I retited and get my little itty bitty Social Security check, to help a little. I spend most of my time hanging out with the grand kids and my little fur baby. My Gracie, boxer/pit mix, that you might remember, got cancer last year, and passed in February 2017. It was so, so sad. In March, I adopted a little yorkie mix (Maizie). She is a pistol, but my biggest fear was that she might be one of those yappie little things, and she really isn't. She does bark from time to time, but only when something is going on, not just to hear herself bark.

Well, this is long enough for now! I hope others will "catch" us up about yourselves.

Hugs and Prayers to you all!

[/b]

----
PROUD MEMBER OF ATW SINCE MARCH 2006

smallpint
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote
It's been a while since I have been here too.

I'm still a trucker wife too. Hubby just changed to a different company. He likes this company better. It a lot easier for him to get home time.

I now work full time as a call center supervisor. Still have my fur baby Smokey.

Take care ladies

atruckerswife
Community Leader
Community Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where to start...

Randy has been gone for 12 years now. My little children are now 15, 17 and 20. I spent 5 years in university and graduated in 2015 as a teacher. I have been teaching french immersion now since then. I love my job.

I just recently moved from my home of 25 years to move in with my parents as they recently moved back from British Columbia. They are in their 70s and we thought this would be a good way to spend more time with them. My oldest is renting my house now with his girlfriend and a friend. So far it has been good. I hope we don't weary my parents too much. I did buy a trailer a couple of years ago and we have it out of town at a campground year round that is open spring to fall. It is nice to head out and enjoy the country and the company of friends around a bonfire!

My oldest is working and going to university in computer science. My daughter is in grade 12 taking early childhood education and hopes to work in a daycare. My youngest is still unsure of his passion, but is in vocational classes for auto in grade 10. The boys play hockey and my daughter plays soccer.

I am currently back in university part time to be a school counsellor. I believe this is where I really want to be. In a high school I think.

That is about it for now. Simple life, but very busy.

Sending ALL my love. I sure have many times where ATW and its heart(all of you) is on my mind.

Heart Kelly

----
~*~ 2003-2018 ~ Happy 15th Anniversary ATW ~*~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Chit Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: