Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House i'm stumped on ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: i'm stumped on ideas Reply with quote
for valentines day for the guys at work...........i got the girls all figured out they were easy..now what do i come up with the guys...........any ideas would greatly be appreciated..guys are so much harder especially when u don't want them too mushy for coworkers (including drs.)........

i'm thinking making little mice out of the two hershey kisses...when u put them together they look like the body of the mouse adding ears, tail and wiggle eyes..but it just seems so small compared to the girls cupcakes..........so i thought maybe the bigger kisses till i priced them..way out of my pocket for those..

thanks... Mrs Smile

----
recycle.reuse.refurbish.ha and dh thinks GARBAGE..He's learning.LOL

mzdetour
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tee! I refuse to believe you ~ Queen Of Crafts~ is stumped...I wil lhave to think this over but I know we can think of something !!!!!

----
~ Jo~
God has my soul
My horse has my heart
My Dog is my best friend
Tell me agian where your supposed to fit in ???

misskelly
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about Dr. cupids? I don't know...just brain storming.

----
Live, Love, Laugh...well, why not?

TruckerPaulsWife
Search Team
Search Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the Hershey's kiss mice sound cute....maybe you could make them each two, a girl and boy mouse???

----
PROUD MEMBER OF ATW SINCE MARCH 2006

sugar_n_spice
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok - maybe this is bad, but you could make a little mousetrap out of part of a hershey bar and some licorice...or do a couple of mice...or give them a small bag of hershey kisses and hugs - like a little assortment and then attach the mouse to decorate - I tried thinking of a cool mouse-related something that you could make the bag look like, but I don't have any ideas.

----
-Alicia-

Ahh...this is the life! It's the only one I'm gonna get, so I might as well live it like it's the finest one of all!

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks guys

kelly what do u mean dr. cupid..i'm confused on that one.....

i am still leaning toward mice..cute thing with the mousetrap idea..

i think i'll be leaning something toward the candy side........i saw a cute tractor out of mixture of min. candy bars and life saver for tires.........

i found dark brown hershey kisses in gold wrap so they would look kind of not femine..LOL then i could do a girl and a boy ..sweeeeeeet..

someone else suggested mug cakes..not sure about the mugs and cost thought..i have over 12 to make..

then i got an idea of something with licorice strings and make stethoscopes somehow..ooh now i am rolling thanks guys i got really stumped this am..........or something like cell phones with huge candy bars..lmbo...........

keep em coming..ya'll are helping alot.......... Dance Dance Dance Dance

----

misskelly
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What popped into my head was little cupids dressed like dr's. You know surgical masks, but carrying a bow and arrow. I don't know, I'm tired so I just posted the first thing that popped into my head. But, you could probably make them out of rice krispie treats.

----
Live, Love, Laugh...well, why not?

babydollz
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could do the stethoscopes out of the licorice, apple rings (I think they have peach and whatnot too) and put like a Hershey kiss or something in the middle of the ring. Oh and for the ear part you could use Hershey kisses or us the candy coated kisses (can't think what they are called!) Just a thought!

----
~~~~~~
KIMMERS
~~~~~~
Try to find something you like about each person you encounter, even if it is someone you dislike.

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thumbs Up

----

sena_hrafn
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could do those 'dirt-cakes' cupcakes that you decorate with crushed oreo and gummi-worms to '...remind you of back when you were a kid and worms were great and girls were gross...' or something to that effect.

Have fun!

----
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin, 1775

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thumbs Up Heart

----

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried several different things for the guys at work.......this what i came up with.......a candy ipod..found the cutest paper pattern on another site that used a candy bar then wrapped it with paper and decorate it like an i pod front the ear pieces were two licorice strings and reesce's cups for the ear phone attached.........this will be much more easy to do and the cost also won't be too personal....... Dance

----

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: