Support for wives in the trucking industry - trucker resources, jokes, funSupport, Resources and Fun Stuff for Wives of Truckers, Families and Truckers Too!

XM Radio 1 Free Month Coupon 120x60
Community Forums :: ATW Convention :: Contest :: Articles :: Trucker's Resources :: Poems, Odes & Tributes
Just For Fun :: Help Support ATW :: The Truck Stop Shop :: Newsletter :: Memorials :: HOME
 FAQ :: Community Guidelines :: Meet the Moderators :: Register :: Log in

Community Home Around and About the House oh geez i got invited to a birthday party sat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: oh geez i got invited to a birthday party sat Reply with quote
ok we both did......it's our niece's little girl.......she will be 4...........jeepers not enough time to make something and she has everything i mean everything.........

not sure if we will go with the weather mess but it's a good reason to get out and get some yummy cake..lmbo.......

i am clueless on what to get her and fast................can't get to our garage to make something for her room in wood......no time and no snow melting anytime soon.........

throw some ideas at me..........

and u know i like different off the wall ideas so hit me with your best quirky idea.....LMBO.......

one idea i got rolling around in my brain..is a bubble basket........bubbles in a cutesie basket with a hand mit and and bath towel hoodie thing if i can make it in time.........but this seems boring.......

the mother just called me and said i know u will floor us like u always do in your ideas/gifts........ Tongue

----
recycle.reuse.refurbish.ha and dh thinks GARBAGE..He's learning.LOL

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow i guess a good nite sleep made my mind full of ideas......LMBO....

came up with doing a wreath.......for her room.......i'll use the styrofoam heart shapes and attach ribbons and lace with dangles from the top in her name..........then i mite make another one to go with it out of some old children's books i got by making some paper flowers and cones with them then attaching them to the wreath with some little toys to go along with the story........... Dance Dance

----

misskelly
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those sound fantastic Tee.

Throwing some other ideas at you....a treasure box (just decorate any old box) for her to store some special things in, a jewellery hanger...you can make these easily enough...I had a pink heart shaped one my aunt made me you can find the pattern on-line, or a laundry basket (if you have time) just take some heavy duty wire to make a hook to hang on a door know and attach some cute material, or (again if you have time) a special reading pillow...you know desk like on one side but pillow soft on the other to rest on her legs...she could use this to color or read stories, etc.

Okay, I'm done...4 year old girls are kind of hard for me.

----
Live, Love, Laugh...well, why not?

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thumbs Up awesome something to think about for the near future........ Mrs Smile

----

crazybunch6
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I'm stuck on what to get someone.. Can't go wrong with cash.. just do a 1.00 for each year of the childs age.

----
ANDREA
Married to Brian16 yr, Mom to Luke 16, Logan 14, and Alyssa 8, Lawson 5yr

mzdetour
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have 4 yr old twin grand daughters...talk about hard to buy for...yeppers I give them "credit cards" ( usually walmart or toys are us gift cards) this year they will get a wallet with real money in it....'cuz they are growed up at 5 ~ just ask them....LOL

----
~ Jo~
God has my soul
My horse has my heart
My Dog is my best friend
Tell me agian where your supposed to fit in ???

Tee
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ya'll nailed it..that's what mostly she got at the party........gift cards from restaurants and wally world and dollar bills..........boy things have changed.........mine was the only 'gift' persae.....hopefully it won't end up at the q 3 month yardsale............

----

misskelly
Community Friend
Community Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Jo, my sister got our niece a little purse and wallet for her 4th birthday, with some fun money in it and she threw in some kid friendly lipglosses. My other sister said she absolutely LOVED it. So that's probably a very good idea.

----
Live, Love, Laugh...well, why not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Home -> Around and About the House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: